Wednesday 27 January 2010

My campaign for a pedestrian crossing on Loxham Street in Farnworth















Together with local residents I am campaigning for a new pedestrian crossing to be sited on Loxham Road in Farnworth.

Many parents and their children have to cross this very busy road in order to get to All Saints Primary School. Unfortunately there has been no school crossing patrol for some time now.

I am told by residents that there have been a number of 'near misses' between cars and pedestrians. I share their concern that it is only a matter of time before a serious accident happens. Mr. Shamim Azad is pictured here handing me a petition with over 400 names on it.

I'm pressing Bolton Council to look at the current situation and asking them to provide a crossing as soon as possible.